Camp Smile family,
Following the lead of Governor Walz and the Minnesota Board of Dentistry, Camp Smile is re-opening on May 14th. The following is a list of improvements we have implemented in our clinics as a response to COVID-19. These changes have been made to ensure the safety of your family during your visit:
- Negative pressure hepa-filtration has been added to all of our operatory rooms to increase clean air distribution and circulation. This allows for safe practice during restorative/aerosol producing appointments.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked additional questions when you are in the office and patient/accompanying parent will have their temperatures taken.
- We have hand sanitizer and hand washing stations that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We ask that you arrive wearing your own mask and leave the mask on throughout the entire time you are within our building.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, IPADS, or playscapes you have come to enjoy.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. Please be respectful of our requests as we are implementing these new “norms” and protective measures for the health of our team and your family.
- We will do our best to manage patient flow and plan to have an escort with you for the duration of your child’s appointment.
- Our team will be wearing additional PPE’s during appointments.
- Additional sterilization techniques have been put in place.
- In order to allow for proper social distancing, we ask that only one parent and the patients only attend the appointment.
Lastly, the CARES Act requires that COVID-19 testing is covered without cost-sharing. This applies to all health insurance coverage in Minnesota. Click here to go to the state’s official testing site website.